It's March!!! and that means that Run Kid Run and Red are coming to K-town at the end of this month. I can't wait!!! man, but it also means that the ski season is almost over (at least here in the south east). *sniff*
I've been realizing slowly how important it is for me to have a better relationship with my family and along those same lines a deeper relationship with my heavenly Father. I attended a wedding last week of two friends, more like acquaintances than anything, and was saddened to witness the lack of love expressed by both families for the bride and groom. According to the groom's brother, who is a good friend of mine, no one on either side of the families were too happy about the marriage. And my friend also said that his brother's friends disapprove greatly of his now wife so much so that none of them attended the blessed event. I also witnessed the strained relationship the bride has with her younger sister when I attended the bachelorette party two days before the wedding. Again, it was sad to witness the very apparent lack of love between the two.
All this to say that through that experience at the wedding I've realized that God has been speaking to me about this for some time now and I've been to pigheaded to listen until now. I can't have a real and personal relationship with my family until I have a real and personal relationship with my heavenly Father and vice versa. Because if I am fake in one area of my life it directly affects other areas of my life. I'm tired of being a hypocrite. I'm so ready for God to take charge of every area of my life!
Create in me a clean heart, O God.
Renew a steadfast spirit within me.
Do not banish me from your presence,
and don't take your Holy Spirit from me.
Restore to me the joy of your salvation,
and make me willing to obey you.
Psalm 51:10-12
Start spreading the word: Abort73 Graphics / Abort73 Shirts
Start spreading the word: Abort73 Graphics / Abort73 Shirts
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment