I went to St. Mary's Health and Fitness Center for the first time yesterday. Dad got Daniel and I memberships so that we can play racquetball with him because Mr. Pool has been restricted by his doctor not to play as much as he used to because of his bad knees or something. So dad is needing minions to play with and he knows that we're pretty good at tennis so how hard could it be for us to pick up racquetball? hum, I haven't actually played yet, at least not the Americanized version. I can play the Spanish version somewhat. Although I don't know what the differences are I just know that when I was in Spain and the mk guys taught me to play at El Escorial they informed me that Americans don't play the same way as Spaniards. Whatever that means. I never got as good as them but by the end of the week I was able to hold my own and at least score a few points.
So there I was at five stinkin thirty in the morning with Daniel walking into St. Mary's. Daniel had already decided that he would lift weights and I had decided that I wanted to swim. He went one way at the front desk and I proceded down the opposite hall towards the pool. Alone. It's kind of not too much fun to swim alone. Really rather boring. I swam like five laps (that's a lot considering the size of that pool compared to mine) and then got really bored and floated around for about twenty minutes. I was really wanting to sit in the hot tube but couldn't figure out where it was so I went to the other side of the room and got into the large kiddie pool and discovered that the water was really warm so I drew the conclusion that this must be in the hot tube (turns out it was the warm water therapy pool). I had no idea. Finally after about an hour after we arrived Daniel came to find me and tell me he was tired and ready to hit the showers and then leave. So he showed me where the ladies lockers were and I went in to discover that the hot tube, sauna, and steam room where lying within! Oh rapturous joy! I spent about ten minutes soaking my soar muscles from snowboarding in the deliciously hot water and then took a shower. Before I left I noticed a device on the wall that was for speed drying swimsuits. I had to try it out. It is one of the most amazing inventions ever!! It's like ten seconds and your swimsuit is completely dry! How cool is that?!? It made me want to go get my suit wet again just so that I could marvel at the efficient drying capabilities of that little machine. It doesn't take much to impress me.
I got home around seven thirty and pretty much slept the rest of the day while watching two movies. That was a good day. Now spring break is over and there's a blasted time change tonight that's coming three blasted weeks early and on top of that I only have one blasted day to get used to it before my school week starts up again. BLAST.
On a side note...this is a video that a friend, Luke Wilkerson, from my church and Josh are working on. It's really amazing so far and I can't wait for more. Btw, Luke is working on a missions project in Haiti to build a Christian vocational school for street kids and he just became our church's official worship leader last week. How exciting!
Early Haiti Doc Edit
Add to My Profile | More Videos
Start spreading the word: Abort73 Graphics / Abort73 Shirts
Start spreading the word: Abort73 Graphics / Abort73 Shirts
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment