Abort73.com
Start spreading the word: Abort73 Graphics / Abort73 Shirts

Abort73.com
Start spreading the word: Abort73 Graphics / Abort73 Shirts

Wednesday, May 03, 2006

SNAKE!!

Holy crap. I did not see that coming. Two dead and one self-inflicted injured Michael. Whoa. Whoa. I'm in shock. Did Michael turn into one of them? Or maybe Anna Lucia was one of them this whole time and Michael found out about her so that's way he took her out. Then poor Libby. Gun happy Michael had to go and kill her too. Poor Hurly. I really need to talk with Amelia and Olivia. Only fellow addicts of LOST can understand the madness. Anyways, that was one of the best episodes of the season...actually just the best cliff-hanger/twist of the season.

Today I was on the computer in the living room and I turned around in my chair to watch the news. Above the tv is a window that looks out onto the front porch. I looked up and saw a huge black thing wrapped around the porchswing chain. I think my heart skipped a beat when I realized what it was. A huge disgusting snake. That's right. It was at least four feet in length. And pretty fat. Crazy. It was upside down on the farside of the porchswing chain (btw, I'm never sitting there again). So, I knew what it was but I wasn't for sure until I walked across the room and looked closely out the window. I started yelling, I don't know why, snakes really freak me out. Bad experience in Spain. Amy came over to see what I was so hyper about and said "Holy crap." At that moment Daniel and Thomas were loading up their band equipment in the van so I banged on the window that looks out at the driveway and told them (okay, I was still shouting) to get their behinds to the front porch. I met them outside along with Gracie, mom, and Amy and we all stood in awe of the snake. The markings on the underside indicated that it was a harmless cornsnake. Thomas says they have a nasty bite though. We took a ton of pictures. I'll get them up as soon as I charge my battery. I stayed outside with it until it slithered down and went under the porch. It then traveled the length of the house and entered underneath our house through a grate. Yeah, it's under there somewhere. I am so glad I sleep up in the apartment. I keep imagining it slithering through the air conditioning vents or coming up the drain in the shower, or worse, the toilet. We did have a frog recently make his way into the toilet down there. It's like Florida here. How do people live in Florida? I forget where I was going with that, cuz I just stopped for a really long time to fill Daniel in on what happened on LOST. He's shocked too.

My last two finals were today. Music appreciations test was a joke. I got to class five minutes after we were supposed to start cuz I the fog was so dang thick today. Speaking of that, do people not realize that they need to use their headlights when driving in fog. There was one idiot driving in front of me on Oak Ridge Hwy that didn't have her headlights on so also no taillights. I was following behind within the three second rule and I was having trouble seeing her. Then all of a sudden a truck swerves into our lane and flashes his lights at her and honks at her. I was glad that there was a least one other driver concerned with visibility, but I don't think going into the other lane and almost causing a wreck is the way to get others to turn on headlights. There are better ways. Like blinding them with your brights. Actually you're not supposed to use brights in fog because the light will be reflected back into your eyes. I've tried it. Sometimes if it's thick enough it really can be detrimental. Back to the test. I get in there five minutes after everyone else has already started. Because the test was completly multiple choice and every single question was derived from the six previous tests I breezed through it easily. I was the first one out of there. It was so great. I got my A.

I need to go to bed so I can enjoy sleeping in very late tomorrow.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You get to sleep in. Lucky.

Oh well, I got to sleep in today, so I guess that makes us even.