Abort73.com
Start spreading the word: Abort73 Graphics / Abort73 Shirts

Abort73.com
Start spreading the word: Abort73 Graphics / Abort73 Shirts

Wednesday, March 29, 2006

The lesser of two weevils(?)

Okay, I got a bunch of grades back today so the best first. In Music I got a 95 on my fourth test. Then I got my poetry essays back. It was worth 70 points and I got a 56, I think. The visual aid part was worth 30 points. Thank goodness I got 30/30 on that part! So Ms. Yamin gave us our grade reports because thursday is the last day to drop. Like I'd be stupid to drop this class. Upon first glance she had averaged my grades to a C. Impossible. So I figured out that she had forgotten to include a daily grade in one column. It was a good thing I made a 13/13 on it too because that really bought my grade up. Now I have a B, maybe a B+. I'm perfectly okay with that. I've never liked English.
Big test in Calc today. That's the bad news. I thought I was prepared, but there were two problems that in order to get the final answer I needed to find the derivative of a quotient and then solve for zero(simple algebra). So I knew that for those two problems the best way (perhapes the only way?) was to use the Quotient Rule. No matter how many times I tried to work out the problem I kept getting stuck in the exact same place. In the end I finally took a guess at what I thought the critical points were and hoped that maybe that was right even if my work was inconclusive. Gosh, I love Calc but it's killing me. I'm going to be lucky to get a B out of it. Of course I thought there was no way I would get a B in College Algebra but I did anyway. And I seem to be doing better in Calc than College Algebra....
I'm trying to decide if I really want to go paintballing Sunday with the Outdoors Club or not. I'm not really looking forward to seeing Grant there. Ever since he told me he chews tobacco I've been really turned off towards him. I've even tried to avoid him at school, which is almost impossible since we have a class together. I wonder what the death rate is for people who chew. I'm guessing it's lower than people who smoke but really I have no idea. It's such a disgusting habit. I'm okay with people who smoke (I'm not the one killing myself. Ha!), but I can't think of a bigger turnoff for me than chewing. Let me say it again, GROSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: