I love May. And in a way I kind of dread it. Personally I think it's one of the prettiest months in Tennessee, except for this year because we had unusually warm temperatures back in April that made everything get out of whack and then for about a week after the temps being in the 70-80's we were frozen solid for like a week and everything died. That was really sad. But usually May is when everything is in bloom and the temperatures are just right on the verge of heating up into summer.
Another reason I like May is because I was born almost 21 years ago! Wow, 21. I've never been one of those people that just couldn't wait until I turned 21 so that I could really do whatever I wanted...legally that is. Yeah, I planned out what I would do that night with my friends, but I never really intended to follow through and actually still don't. My friends and I used to say that when we turned 21 we'd all go out to Union Jack's Pub and drink a few pints. I don't think any of us were really serious about it though we just liked to put on our scotch/irish/brit accents and say the word 'pint' like Merry and Pippin in the Lord of the Rings The Fellowship of the Ring movie. "It comes in pints? I'm gettin' one." Good times.
One reason of maybe two that I dislike May are all the end of the year programs and graduations that clog up the calendar and make you have to pick between which event you really want to go to and which one you should go to. For example, my Pellissippi graduation is on the same stinkin' day as Daniel's ensemble concert! And because I'm alum from the ensemble I really hate to miss it because at the end we get to join them and sing my favorite arrangement of The Lord Bless You and Keep You. So not only am I splitting my families decisions on which event to go to I'm also torn as well, but having already made my plans and obtained my cap and gown before even knowing about the concert I feel obligated to proceed. I was joking with Daniel and trying to convince him to skip his own concert to see his dear sister walk the stage for graduation and I told him that one of my reasons I thought he should skip and come see me was that 'you only graduate once.' Is that saying supposed to include highschool or is it just reserved for college? These are questions that haunt me...anyway, I'm actually going for a record, counting highschool graduation, to walk the stage three times. My first time was highschool (although can you really count that it was a homeschool graduation), second graduating from Pellissippi with my Associates of Science degree, and third when I walk with UT to receive my Bachelors Degree in Plant Science. I could make it four times and go for my masters but I'm not that into school. It kind of makes me sick to think about going to school another couple of years to get another degree after I'll already have two.
Well there was a second reason that I dislike May but it's completely slipped me know after that rant. That's why I really should make an outline before I begin any type of writing. I always inevitably forget something of importance. ARGUHH!
In the next couple of days after I gather my thoughts about the DISPLACE ME event I'll write something about that, but for now I really should study for two finals tomorrow and I need to go and renew my drivers licence because it expires on Saturday (me day of birth) and I'm leaving on Monday and I think I'm supposed to have an I.D. with me at all times.
Start spreading the word: Abort73 Graphics / Abort73 Shirts
Start spreading the word: Abort73 Graphics / Abort73 Shirts
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment