Abort73.com
Start spreading the word: Abort73 Graphics / Abort73 Shirts

Abort73.com
Start spreading the word: Abort73 Graphics / Abort73 Shirts

Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Off by a tenth

My philosophy professor is so infuriating. He has a weird way of grading tests that I don't understand at all. But basically he goes by a scale of 0-4.0, and as far as I can understand him, he thinks of it like GPA. Each test has eight questions that require a short (one sentence being the shortest up to one or two paragraphs being the longest) answer for each and some of the questions are two part which means that they are worth double. He goes through and marks each response individually as an A, B, C, etc... and then adds those up for the final exam grade. Like I said I don't understand it so this probably doesn't make much more sense. Because I hate philosophy, decided not to read the chapters, decided not to study, and this particular prof.'s exam was so strange (also it being the first exam of the semester) I made a D. Then I got serious on this second exam and did everything I could to prepare myself for it. Got my results back on Monday and was relieved to find that I had made a B! Upon examination of his feedback on my paper I realised that I was one/tenth of a point off from making an A! And there was even one question that he had marked as a B that had asked for a direct quote from the book of the first form of the categorical imperative (or something like that) that he had told us previously to memorize and just put down word-for-word what the book said...and so that's what I did. Or at least I thought I did. When I brought it up with him he pointed out that instead of saying "only" I had put instead "on." WHAT!?! OH MY GOODNESS! How incredibly nit-picky is that??? Man, I was mad. I still am. I totally deserved that extra tenth of a point for my A. Duuuuuuude. GAH!!!

No comments: