Abort73.com
Start spreading the word: Abort73 Graphics / Abort73 Shirts

Abort73.com
Start spreading the word: Abort73 Graphics / Abort73 Shirts

Wednesday, February 14, 2007

February Song


That's Nadia on the left. Nadia Churyuk. Last Thursday she passed away when her car slammed into a tree. She was only eighteen. And I had only known her for a month. But her life and now her death have affected my life and I hope many others in ways that I don't even understand yet.
Just in the short time of our friendship I realized that Nadia was not only gorgeous on the outside, but she had an inner beauty that far out shown her outward appearance. People say that I smile a lot, but Nadia really did smile all the time. Truly she was one of the sweetest most gracious friends I've ever had. I'll never forget that. There is not a doubt in my mind that Nadia was a believer in Jesus Christ and that she is in heaven with Him right now.
It's been hard for me to realize that Nadia really is gone. Mattie told me on Sunday that her boyfriend had gone to the funeral of a friend from school. When she said that the girl's name was Nadia I couldn't believe that it was the same Nadia. It just couldn't be. But later when we were at Panera they found her picture in the obituaries and it confirmed it for me, although it didn't really sink in until Monday and then again today. I used to see her every day that I was on campus. And during my economics class I would see her walk be in the hallway. But this past Monday when I didn't see her go by and I started thinking about her I really thought I might lose it right there in the midst of a lecture on elasticity.
Today was another rough day (for more reasons than just the obvious one). Singles Awareness Day. Need I say more? It's S.A.D. isn't it. That pun was totally intended. I'm really not one of those people that pay attention to Valentine's day and get depressed because they don't have a significant other to spend it with, but today it was pretty much the straw that broke the camels back. First going to philosophy class to get my test grade back fully expecting a C only to face the reality of a very big red D was enough to make any day hellish. Then finding out that our professor would be picking out our group members for the term project. And then narrowly evading my group getting stuck with gay marriage, sexual morality (or is it immorality?), and porn. In the end we were finally able to agree to do abortion. Still not my cup of tea but it's three against one in favour of Pro-Life so that gives me hope. I'm faced with a group of four other females. One ditzy liberal. One ditz liberal conformist. And one in-your-face I have no idea. Then there's me. It's a very odd combination.
So back to my crappy day...
One nice thing that happened was that my psychology test went better than I thought it would. 82 thank you very much. I thought I had done terrible on it. And during that class period Krissy asked me for my address so that she could send me an invitation to her wedding. I like Krissy, but I don't really like Alex (the guy she's engaged to). So needless to say I don't really want to go to the wedding in about three weeks. It's the week of spring break so hopefully I'll be out in the wilderness somewhere backpacking. Okay okay. Then there was a test in economics. It didn't seem too hard, but I had a lot of trouble with the last two questions. They were short answers. Not good.
And then I was looking around for Mattie's car so that I could leave her Valentine's day card that I made on her windshield and I couldn't find it anywhere, but I did see Grant's truck. So I ended up stopping and writing him a quick note on an extra Valentine I had floating around my books and left it on his windshield. I haven't seen him since last semester and actually I assumed he was at UT, but he sent me an email this afternoon thanking me for the Valentine and informing me that he would see me up at Ober when we go on the ski trip. So that was kinda cool even though I didn't get to give Mattie her card.

So anyway. Maybe that day wasn't as bad as I made it out to be, but everything got better when my mom gave me a hug this afternoon and I just got to cry while she held me.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

buy generic phentermine phentermine weight loss drug - phentermine 2 months