Abort73.com
Start spreading the word: Abort73 Graphics / Abort73 Shirts

Abort73.com
Start spreading the word: Abort73 Graphics / Abort73 Shirts

Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Present time! Present time! Open the present see what's inside!!!!

Gracie turned three last Sunday, the sixteenth, and I have been swimming everyday since for four+ hours. It's killing me. My skin is starting to rebel, even though I put on sunscreen I still get burned. I guess that direction on the bottle about reapplying every ?hours is advice that should not be taken lightly. Amy informed me yesterday that I looked like an oldish lady that we once saw at David and Rebecca's pool who laid out every day. She had a most unusual leathery burnt brown look about her, accentuated by her unbecoming black swimsuit. Oh God, I never want to look like that!! I still find myself desiring more of a tan on my legs. *sigh* I hate "laying" out and despise even the word. Maybe my goal of bronze legs will be accomplished at Hilton Head next month.

Yes!! Dad's taking us back to Hilton Head for vacation!! Oh how I miss that place. I haven't been to the beach (Dominican Republic doesn't really count) since 1998 Reeve Family Reunion OBX. All of our vacations since have been out west or none because of missions trips or parents gone. 1999-I don't remember going anywhere special-wait a second! That's the year Dad took Mom to Hawaii for their 20th wedding anniversary, and DIDN'T take us. hmph. 2000-Amy and I were in the D.R. for a mission trip and then we all went to Colorado for another family reunion. Somewhere between 2001 and 2003 Dad took Mom to the Bahamas and not us, again. 2003-Amy and Daniel in Germany for music mission trip then roadtrip to Yellowstone with Hornsby relatives. Gosh that was fun. 2004-Mom and Dad in China to get Grace. 2005-I was in Spain while Daniel and Dad were in the D.R. for a mission trip. So needless to say it's about time we went on a real family vacation.

We rented a house within walking distance (or biking which is preferred in HHI)of the beach that looks out over a rather swammpy but pleasant "lagoon." Dad wanted to go back to OBX, but we convinced him that HH had better beaches for little kids. The waves are much smaller. Plus all the biking trails on HHI are really fun. So the second week of August we'll be hitting the road for the eight (or is it ten?) hour drive to HHI SC. On the way back we're going to stop in Colombia to visit the Mundy's and go to the zoo. Can't wait!

Let's see...there's not really anything else going on right now. I'm still plugging away at my Psychology class which ends next Tuesday night. YES!!! Everyone kept telling me how that class was "SO easy." Oh yeah!?!?! I'd like to see everyone of them try taking it during the summer session with videos and text as the teacher!! With tests every other week over three chapters and six videos!! See how well they do now! At least I'll be done with it soon and I know I've got a B. Even though I know a C is a passing grade and transfers to UT, to me it would feel like I had failed. So my goal is to make it out of Pellissippi with absolutely NO C's. I don't care once I get to UT because my classes there are going to be really tough. Oh Lord, I've probably cursed myself now.

Btw, I knew all along that Italy would win the World Cup!! I knew it from the start but was for Spain until they didn't make it to the next round. Then I was for Italy all the way. I just didn't want to see Brazil take another Cup title.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to hear how the beach was !!! Now for the suntan lecture. A tan is essentially a way to make yourself be ugly when you get old! And not only is it bad for you, but it can be very dangerous, even kill you. Ok, lecture over. Hope you have some great writings about the beach. It also happens to be my favorite vacation. We live across the street from a different beach, an Alaska beach, with lots of kelp, salmon, eagles, muscles, clams, and bears! The waves are big today, stormy, and I can step out on the balcony and hear them crashing. Tis beautiful. But tis not warm and sunny and there is swimming, but in a dry suit!!! There are surfers here, and snorkelers, and scuba people, but dry suits are a must. Later, Peggy