Abort73.com
Start spreading the word: Abort73 Graphics / Abort73 Shirts

Abort73.com
Start spreading the word: Abort73 Graphics / Abort73 Shirts

Monday, March 13, 2006

It's Raining...

We're having some wicked t-storms right now. Should be turning into some sleety-rain-snow mix tonight after temps in the eighties all this week. E. Tennessee has some majorly messed up weather.

I went to Ijams Nature Center with my Bot2 class this afternoon. There wasn't much to see though. I was able to identify trillium and got pretty darn close to identifying a flower called bloodwort. Yeah, it turns out I was on the right page just looking at the wrong flower. So close. Alex and I were the only nerds to remember to bring our wildflower books. In four weeks Dr. Ramp will be taking us back to Ijams to hopefully see a ton of wildflowers. Can't wait! It sure beats sitting in lab looking at slides for two hours. Not that we have to stay the full two hours.

Today I got to meet a lot of Mattie's friends at school. Including the infamous Wes R. He didn't look like how I imagined him. I thought he would be tall and blonde, but actually he's about my height and almost brunette. Weird. Nice guy though. M@ and his hilarous friend were there too. They tried to teach me to play Texas Hold'em. No luck. I still don't get that stupid game. It really doesn't appeal to me.

Oh yeah, I can't believe I almost forgot about this! My first class today was cancelled because my professor was sick! Yea for me! It was so awesome cuz I was actually feeling like I might barf all morning, especially while I was driving to school. So I was able to sit and talk with Mattie for a whole hour and finally got my stomach to relax enough to go to my next class. Where to my delight I got my exam score back and got to skip the rest of the class. Actually I stayed after I got my test back cuz I had some questions but after that my professor said we could leave early, way early. I got a 72 on my Calc exam. I think I made an 82 for the last one, but this one was way harder. I'll just be happy to pass Calc and not have to take it again. Seriously, what does Calc have to do with plant science and public horticulture? Oh and then I got my second exam in Bot2 back. First exam I totally surprised myself with a 93. I felt like I bombed the second exam though. So I was pretty happy to find that I made a 84! That's awesome for me! Now if I can get an A in Bot2 and Music Appreciation I think I might have a chance at making the Dean's List. I desperately want that. But I will probably also have to make at least a B in my Calc class as well. That could be difficult. I know I can get a B in Eng2 maybe even a B+, but not an A. I've never liked, enjoyed, or had any desire to do well in English. It's just not my forte. And you know what? I'm proud, proud, proud! Ha! Take that.

No comments: